Straight From The Whiskey Farm
Frey Ranch is located in northern Nevada, where Colby and Ashley Frey have transformed their fifth generation family farm into one of the most exciting distilleries in the country. Committed to doing things the right way, no matter how long it takes, Frey Ranch is one of the only true estate distilleries in the United States.
If you don’t know the area, it’s probably not obvious that there’s a lot of farming in Nevada, let alone enough to support an estate distillery. But Frey Ranch is located in a unique farming oasis in the watershed of Lake Tahoe, an island of greenery in the shadow of the Sierra Nevada. And the Frey family has been ranching or farming in the region since 1854, when Nevada was still a territory.
This 5-year-old straight bourbon whiskey was made from 67% corn, 12% two-row malted barley, 11% winter rye, and 10% soft white winter wheat, all grown at Frey Ranch. It has spicy, earthy fruit flavors, with notes of black cherry and caramel vanilla creams.
- Type: Single cask
- Pour: Neat or on the rocks
- Glass: glencairn or rocks glass
Full Barrel Details
Transparency is paramount to our process. We provide full cask information on all of our releases. Unless a distillery specifically asks us not to disclose something, we will happily share it.
2022 Single Cask #3: Frey Ranch Distillery Nevada Four Grain Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Mashbill — 67% corn, 12% two-row barley malted on-site, 11% winter rye, and 10% soft white winter wheat, all grown at Frey Ranch
- Maturation Barrel Info — New American Oak from Barrel 53; char 4 on the staves, and char 3 on the heads
- Barrel Entry Proof: 125
- Barrel Size — 53 gallons
- Finishing Barrel Info — N/A
- Length of Secondary Maturation/Finishing — N/A
- Age of Spirit — 5 years