Whiskey from the mountains, with love
Located at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo mountains in New Mexico, Santa Fe Spirits is a pioneer of making mesquite-smoked single malt. This process is a distinctly southwestern take on the long tradition of peat-smoked barley and is, in Lost Lantern’s opinion, one of the most exciting things happening in American single malt. This single cask, aged at 7,000 feet above sea level, balances a delicate, elegant structure with bold flavors of barbecue, smoke, and citrus.
- Type: Single Cask
- Pour: Neat, on the rocks, or in a cocktail
- Glass: glencairn or tumbler
Full Barrel Details
Transparency is paramount to our process. We provide full cask information on all of our releases. Unless a distillery specifically asks us not to disclose something, we will happily share it.
Single Cask #1: Santa Fe Spirits New Mexico Single Malt
- Mashbill — 100% 2-Row Malted Barley, 30% Mesquite Smoked
- Maturation Barrel Info — Used American Oak Barrel Size — 53 gallons
- Finishing Barrel Info — N/A
- Length of Secondary Maturation/Finishing — N/A
- Age of Spirit — 3 years, 49 days