Not Your Grandma’s Rye… Maybe Your Great Grandma’s
This single cask comes from New York Distilling Co. located in the heart of Brooklyn (with an additional distillery location upstate), NYDC is one of the country’s first urban distilleries and a champion of the rebirth of both gin and rye whiskey in the Empire State.
This cask is sweet and aromatic. It evokes chocolate-covered Turkish delight. Unlike our apple brandy cask-finished release from New York Distilling Co., this is a straight rye whiskey without a finish. Aged for four years in a 53-gallon new American oak cask, it balances robust rye spice with notes of oak and chocolate. A truly distinctive cold-climate rye whiskey.
- Type: Single Cask
- Pour: Neat, on the rocks, or in a cocktail
- Glass: glencairn or snifter
Full Barrel Details
Transparency is paramount to our process. We provide full cask information on all of our releases. Unless a distillery specifically asks us not to disclose something, we will happily share it.
Single Cask #9: New York Distilling Co. Straight Rye Whiskey
- Mashbill — 75% Rye, 13% Corn, 12% Malted Barley
- Maturation Barrel Info — New American Oak
- Barrel Size — 53 gallons
- Finishing Barrel Info — N/A
- Length of Secondary Maturation/Finishing — N/A
- Age of Spirit — 4 years, 8 months